Little House Rules - Terms & Conditions
Please read our Little House of Science Rules for all public classes and workshops before visiting for safe and fun time exploring science
General House Rules
- Children must be accompanied by a responsible adult of 16 years or over at all times and must not be left on the premises unattended unless enrolled in a scheduled drop-off workshop.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
-Name and contact information, including e-mail addresses
-Address information, including your postcode
-Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
-If you choose to pay by card, we will need to collect your payment information in order to process card payments.
-No payment information is stored or saved by us or any third parties and providers.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Little House of Science has a strict "NO NUTS POLICY AND NO NUTS, SEEDS, DAIRY OR EGGS", please DO NOT bring any snacks containing nuts, seeds or eggs to any of our venues and any classes at premises and schools.
- All parents and school representatives need to notify Little House of Science at the time of enquiry and booking online/by email/or over the phone and our teaching staff (at the sign-in desk when you enter) if the child you are accompanying has a disability, allergies or special needs beforehand. In the interest of safeguarding children, we reserve the right to refuse attendance.
- Not all of our venues have wheelchair access to all parts so if you are attending a class or event please check access with the venue before visiting.
- Children remain the responsibility of Parents/Guardians at all times and must be supervised by them. Our staff monitors the equipment and have access to First Aid facilities, but are not responsible for supervising children.
- Childcare Vouchers: We are in the process of registering to accept childcare vouchers. We will keep parents informed about this.
- No smoking is allowed on the premises.
- If you bring food in from outside, please note the rooms do not have a picnic area.
- For the safety of the children, strictly no use of cameras, video equipment or mobile phone cameras is allowed, except in the party rooms and only with our permission.
- All notices, regulations and evacuation procedures are to be observed.
- Little House of Science does not accept responsibility for the loss of or damage to personal belongings brought on to the premises.
- Little House of Science reserves the right to refuse admission at any time and to ask any person or persons to leave at its sole discretion and without warning or reason. Disruptive behaviour and bullying will not be tolerated.
- If you are dropping off a child for a Little House of Science workshop you must complete our Registration Form and leave a mobile number for the child before leaving the premises.
- Children who are unwell must not use the facilities. Should a child be sick while at Little House of Science they will need to leave the premises for risk of infection to other children.
- In case of sickness or availability, we do not offer make-up classes, but we will try to allocate a space at a class in the same week.
- Should you stay in the room with your child, please refrain from using your mobile phone and do not engage in conversations or in any form interrupt the classes. Please place yourself at the back of the room.
- No food, drinks or sweets are permitted in the carpeted area, play areas and in the classes. No chewing gum is allowed on the premises.
- Little House of Science has worked to design a safe and fun environment for children to explore, but cannot be held responsible for accidents or injuries that may occur as a result of using any equipment or for children tripping, falling and bumping into other children or fixed objects. We cannot be held responsible for any third-party materials causing allergic reactions.
- We aim to use only safe and environmental friendly materials for any of our experiments, demonstrations and take home projects, but we cannot guarantee any third party materials to be free of gluten.
- As Little House of Science caters to children between the ages of 6-24 months and 3 to 12 years some experiments and lessons may be developmentally advanced for your child. Parental guidance is therefore strongly encouraged and recommended for children up 3 years. All our holiday workshops and camps are drop-off classes.
- Children attending a drop off workshop or class at Little House of Science must have a Workshop Registration Form completed online and leave a valid mobile number and signed by their parent/guardian.
- Aggressive or unruly behaviour to other customers/children or to Little House of Science staff will not be tolerated. Disruptive behaviour is not fair to our hard working Team Members and the enjoyment of other customers. Little House of Science reserves the right to ask any customer causing disruption to leave and will not be held liable to refund the visit.
- Class fees have to paid in full prior to the start date, otherwise we might not allow access.
- Once a term/class has been booked and paid for, you have the right to change your mind within ten working days to transfer to another class/location or receive a credit for another term or class.
- Refunds are not offered in case of sickness, non-attendance or cancellation by the client, however we will try to find make-up classes for you if possible.
- Little House of Science is VAT registered: GB1988 96415
- By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law. By continuing to use the site, you indicate your acceptance of the Terms, and all related policies and guidelines of the Little House of Science Website, if any, as indicated in these Terms and which are incorporated by reference.
- The materials on the Little House of Science Website's web site are provided "as is". Little House of Science makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Little House of Science does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet web site or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- In no event shall the Little House of Science Website or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption).
- Little House of Science has not reviewed all the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Little House of Science Website of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
Data Collection & GDPR Compliance
- By signing up for a trial class, book a classes or camps or creating an account with us, you consent to us gathering certain information about you, in order to process your order. This may include (but is not exclusively limited to) information such as your full name and email address (so we can update you about your classes), your IP address (this is securely collected by our payment system, so that we can validate your payment information and prevent fraudulent orders), and the order will be added to your purchase history, which we also retain, in order to be able to help with inquiries and see which customers have ordered in the past.
- For the purposes of placing your order, we use a secure third party payment provider who will securely handle transaction information (our website is secure to the highest level of PCI Compliance via PayPal, GoCardless and Stripe, 3 of the world's most secure, best-known and most reliable payment systems).
- If you place a sign up for any lessons, trial classes and create an account you will be opting in to marketing communications, or, if you sign up to our email list via our website, we may use this information to process your order (if you’ve processed an order), to contact you about an order, or, to notify you about appropriate company information such as newsletters, parental notes, sales, updates, news information etc. You may opt out of these communications at any time, either by contacting us, or by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in the email. We use a secure, third party email provider to store and manage email subscription information. You may request for us to delete your customer information at any time, by contacting us. We will carry out this request within 30 calendar days.
- You agree that all matters relating to the use of the Service shall be governed, controlled, interpreted and defined by and under the laws of England and Wales applicable therein without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of laws. You also agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to these Terms or your use of the Service will be filed only in a court located in England and Wales you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts for the purpose of any such action.
- Safeguarding Policy