Sunday STEM Clubs & Physics Classes
STEM SUNDAYS, 4-12 years:
Our STEM Sunday mornings run from 10.00-12.00 and afternoons, 1.00-3.00 at Baden Powell House, 65 Queens Gate, London SW7 5JS. The 2h classes are for 4-12 years, where we delve deeper into each weekly topics and extend the level of experiments. Pupils are able to expand their knowledge, allow themselves more time with their teachers and peers.
Our teachers are PhDs and Master Degree Students in Astrophysics and Theoretical Physics from Imperial College and Oxford University, who have extensive experience working with young aspiring scientists with a keen interest in Physics and the world around them.
Please feel free to ask us for a trial class or for any sibling discounts and we offer weekly or monthly payment options! ALL CLASSES ARE FULLY RISK ASSESSED and all teachers have enhanced DBS checks and safeguarding training in place!
The Autumn term classes run from Monday, 16 Sep-8 Dec 2019, for all our locations, please go to: https://www.littlehouseofscience.com/locations
- Each project based science lesson introduces children to a new scientific concept or idea in a simplified and an age-adjusted way each week. The starting point of each workshop is a presentation and a group discussion of the scientific subject combined often by a video material and supported by a practical demonstration. The second part of the workshop is dedicated to practical work where children have the opportunity to explore the topic of the day by performing hands-on experiments.
- Sessions involve:
- a fact delivery
- an interactive discussion
- hands- on experiments
- a take home projects
- as well as weekly parental notes
- For Big Science Academy (8-12 years) we look to further develop our Big Scientists knowledge and approach by building on their existing knowledge either from the school curriculum or what children have learnt already in previous workshops at Little House of Science.
- Our topics each week will enable our Big Scientists to enrich their knowledge across biology, chemistry, physics and engineering.
YOUNG PHYSICIST SUNDAYS, 8-12 years:
Register your interest for our Sunday Physics classes from 1.00-3.00 we will specially just cover topics from the world of Physics, such as the Physics tool box, energy, forces, gravity, teleportation, wormholes, quantum physics to name a few – the classes will be full of discussions, maths, demonstrations and experiments.