CD Balloon Hovercraft Experiment
Build your very own hovercraft at home with this simple and fun science experiment.
You Will Need:
- 1 x CD
- 1 x balloon
- 1 x pop-up bottle lid
- Glue the closed bottle cap to the centre of the CD so that the bottom covers the hole in the centre of the CD to make sure there is an airtight seal.
- Blow up the balloon but don’t tie it - pinch or twist the neck so that the air does not escape
- Stretch the neck of the balloon over the top of the closed cap
- Put the hovercraft on an open, smooth surface, untwist the balloon, and pull the pop-up cap open.
- Push the hovercraft and watch it glide around