The Science of Ancient Civilizations! - 2023
The Science of Ancient Civilizations!
May Half Term Science Camp
Science Camp May 30th to June 2nd
Calling all aspiring doctors, geologists, engineers, chemists and scientists - sign up to Little House of Science’s May Half Term Science Camps!
Embark on an adventure of discovery and fun at Little House of Science’s specially designed science camps for children aged 4-12. Separately taught with age-adjusted content. Designed to inspire and encourage a love of science, these camps will help children deepen and grow in their knowledge of the scientific world. Children will be able to learn in an interactive and fun way with our highly trained scientists.
Here is the list of fascinating topics your budding scientists can look forward to learning.
Day 1: Tue, 30 May - The Inventions of Ancient China
• The Kite – Forces of Flight
• Paper Making, Maps and the Invention of the Compass
• Earthquakes and the Seismograph
• From Gunpower to Rockets
Day 2: Wed, 31 May - The Discoveries of Ancient Greece
• Famous Greeks – Archimedes and the golden crown
• How Democritus discover his Atomic Theory
• Greek medicine – Galen the Gladiator’s Doctor
• Early Greek Astronomers and what they learned from Babylonians
Day 3: Thu, 1 June - Secrets of Ancient Egypt
• Introduction to Egyptology and Archaeology
• The Mystery of Pyramids
• Papyrus, Ink, Toothpaste and other Amazing Discoveries
• The Secrets of Mummification
Day 4: Fri, 2 June - Aztecs, Mayans and Incas
• Ancient Cities, Farms, and Bridges
• Sports and the discovery of Rubber
• Obsidian and Powerful Volcanoes
• The Story of Chocolate
Choose from daily or weekly camps, 9.30-3.30 (8.30am free early drop-off),
4-5, 6-7 and 8-12 years, (age adjusted & separated groups)
- Holiday Inn Kensington High Street, Wrights Lane (off Marloes Road), London, W8 5SP, (with secure outdoor space for breaks), 2 mins from Kensington High Street and 10 mins from
Earls Court tube station)
- CLASSROOM-BASED HOLIDAY CAMP INFORMATION
- Weekly/daily holiday camps run from 9.30-3.30, (free early drop-off from 8.30 am)
- Our holiday camps are completely hands-on & project-based throughout each day
- Your children will be grouped & taught separately by ages/ability and will be assisted during all experiments
- Our teachers are having regular PCR flow tests and are fully vaccinated
- We have a very high teacher/child ratio during all camp days (6:1)
- All workshops are fully risk assessed
- Regular and accompanied breaks for refreshments and outdoor activities (weather permitting)
- Lunch/snacks have to be provided by the parents, due to the different dietary requirements
- PLEASE NOTE: WE DO NOT ALLOW ANY NUTS, SEEDS, OR EGGS IN THE ROOM!