Easter Science Camp 2022
Embark on an adventure of discovery and fun at Little House of Science’s specially designed science camps for children aged 4-12.
Designed to inspire and encourage a love of science, these camps will help children deepen and grow in their knowledge of the scientific world.
As well as making new friends and re-connecting with friends from previous years, Children will be able to learn in an interactive and fun way with our highly trained scientists.
Easter Science Camps 2022 CLASSROOM-BASED CAMPS Book single days or the full weeks from 9.30-3.30 (free early drop-off from 8.30) For ages: 4-7 and 8-12 years (separately taught, age-adjusted content)
Location: Holiday Inn London - High Street Kensington, Ground Floor, Wrights Lane (off Marloes Road), London W8 5SP (2 mins High Street Kensington Tube and 10 mins from Earl's Court Station), secure garden area for outdoor activities during lunch breaks.
You can book camps by the week or even by the day!
Mon-Fri, 28 Mar-1 Apr | Geographic Explorers
Mon-Fri, 4-8 Apr | Who Wants to be a Doctor: Scientific Journey in the Medical World
Mon-Thu, 11-14 Apr | Faster, Higher, Deeper, Further!
Week 1: Mon-Fri, 28 Mar-1 Apr 2022 Geographic Explorers
Day, 1, Monday, 28 March 2022
• Maps, Atlases and Globes
• Amazing Navigators
• How the Compass changed the World
• Continents and Oceans
Day 2, Tuesday, 29 March 2022
• Weather and Seasons
• The Power of the Wind
• What is Temperature
• Water and Water Cycles
• Clouds and Fog
Day 3, Wednesday, 30 March 2022
• Evolution of the Landscape
• Geological Strata and Tectonic Plates
• How Marie Tharp changed Geology forever
• The Story of Pangea
Day 4, Thursday, 31 March 2022
• What is Erosion?
• Amazing Amazonian Rainforests!
• From Mount Everest to the Mariana Trench
• Great Adventurers and Explorers
Day 5, Friday, 1 April 2022
• North and South Poles
• What are Glaciers or What is happening to our Ice?
• What are Natural Resources?
• Our Place in the World
Week 2: Mon-Fri, 4-8 April 2022 Who Wants to be a Doctor: Scientific Journey into the Medical World
Day 1, Monday, 4 April 2022
• The History of Medicine
• The Anatomy of our vital Organs
• The Body’s Systems, Bio-machinery: Muscles, Tendons, and the Skeleton
• Amazing Hearts
Day 2, Monday, 5 April 2022
• How doctors see inside us: Medical Imaging
• Our incredible Nervous System
• Amazing Brains
• Vision and how our Eyes play tricks on us
Day 3, Monday, 6 April 2022
• The Digestive System and our Miraculous Micro-biome
• An Apple a Day: What makes certain Foods Healthy?
• What are humans made from? The Chemistry of Life
• Let’s learn about Teeth
Day 4, Monday, 7 April 2022
• Amazing Cells
• The Army inside us: Our Immune System
• Curing Disease with the Power of Genetics
• What are Pathogens? John Snow and Germ Theory
Day 5, Monday, 8 April 2022
• Viruses and vaccines: Edward Jenner
• How Do we Breathe? All About Lungs
• What is Blood?
• How might the Deadliest Creature in the World just Save us all?
Week 3: Mon-Thu, 11-14 April 2022 Faster, Higher, Deeper, Further!
Day 1, Monday, 11 April 2022
• Let’s Move!
• Simple Machines Wheels and Axel
• Steam Engine and James Watts Motors
• The Evolution of Cars
• Driving Faster that the Speed of Sound (Supersonic Cars)
• Green Energy
Day 2, Tuesday, 12 April 2022
• Up in the Air
• Brothers Montgolfier and first Hot Air Balloons
• Feathers, Birds and Bats
• The Secret of Flight
• From Davinci to Wright Brothers
• Roaring into the Jet Age
Day 3, Wednesday, 13 April 2022
• Adventure in Rocket Science
• Konstantin Tsiolkovsky and the First Rockets
• Beat the Gravity: Blast off - Forces of Aerodynamics
• Sputniks, Space shuttle, Apollo 13, ISS
• Engineering Design Challenges in Building Rockets
• How fast is Light?
• How to become an Astronaut
Day 4, Thursday, 14 April 2022
• Down under the Ocean
• The Science behind Sink versus Float - buoyancy
• History of Navigation and Great Explorers
• Tools we use to Navigate
• Brunel’s Great Big Ships
• Deep Sea diving in a Submarines
• Echolocation or how Submarine see Underwater
We offer siblings discount (from your second child onwards)
Need help with your booking or want more information,
You can contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us London: 0800 092 1062